March 1st, 9am* Christ College, Sydney
At the end of 2017, the Australian Federal Parliament introduced same sex marriage. You might have questions about what Christian ministry will look like now that marriage law has changed.
- What happens next?
- What are the challenges and opportunities for ministry?
- What do we teach about marriage, sexuality and gender?
- What are the legal and political developments to keep track of?
- Is it possible for churches to hold to biblical views of sex and marriage and still reach out to the LGBT community?
- What lies in the future for churches, Christian schools and charities?
- How do you preach on marriage in the new context?
- How do you care for people in your church as they deal same sex attraction, and with family and friends who are gay and lesbian?
NAVIGATE is a conference that will help Christian leaders answer these questions and find their way through the changing social and cultural landscape.
NAVIGATE will offer a series of well informed presentations on key questions, with plenty of time for questions and discussion. It will include time to work in groups to clarify some of the important pastoral issues and develop shared responses.
We have lined up a great list of presenters, including two leading international thinkers who will speak to us live and take questions.
- Rosaria Butterfield, author, speaker, homemaker and former professor of English
- Dan Strange, Principal of Oakhill Theological College, London
- Michael Kellahan, Executive Director of Freedom for Faith
- Peter Thompson, Minister of Southern Cross Presbyterian Church, Lismore
- Peter Currie, Minister of Woonona Presbyterian Church
- Sandy McMillan, Minister of Drummoyne Presbyterian Church and GSC Committee member
- John McClean, Convenor of the GSC Committee and Christ College lecturer
* NAVIGATE will finish with a 6.30pm dinner held at Burwood RSL Club with an address by Dr Peter Jensen.
NAVIGATE is organised by the Gospel Society and Culture committee of the NSW Presbyterian Church, in partnership with TGCA.